Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little t-shirt refashion

I'd accumulated two beautifully bright but misshapen t-shirts sometime in the last year and a half, and had been hoarding them because I couldn't bear to part with their bold colors.

Don't mind my creepy pink toe...


Well! Yesterday, I finally executed the refashion. I'd been hoping to use the top 1/3 of the blue with as much of the pink minus the sleeves as possible, which ended up being a good strategy. I finished up by using the rest of the blue by folding it in half and making a bottom band.

crab&bee.blogspot.com T-shirt refashion
T-shirt refashion, photo by Nathan


I'm going to wear this all the time! I love it. It's cheerful and kind of sporty. It also fills a much-needed gap in my wardrobe: short-sleeved (but not sleeveless) shirts that look good with jeans and can be worn to the office. I don't think I'll get to the point where I'm buying used t-shirts specifically to refashion them, but I feel emboldened to tackle more of my cast-off pile!

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! Nice to see you here at crab&bee!

      Delete
  2. Great re-fashion - I have a pile of t-shirts sitting unused so you've just inspired me to try something like this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. I love it and may do something similar with mine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Sassy T! Nice to see you here!

      Delete
  4. Love your shirt - and you've already inspired me to do my own colour blocked shirt! Except mine turn out way too long... so now I'm trying to shrink it in the wash! :P Still, it was FUN to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see! You'll have to post it when you get a chance :)

      Delete
    2. I want to see! You'll have to post it when you get a chance :)

      Delete
    3. Blogged! http://crafting-a-rainbow.tumblr.com/post/30347500074/simple-sewing

      Delete
  5. Such an awesome way to make the most of both shirts. This mega cute! It's these kind of posts that really inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super-ace!!!! I wouldn't have thought of this, but it's a totally simple but genius idea. Looking forward to seeing more of your refashioned cast-offs, especially if they are half as cool as this one

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and I love the color combination! I need to go cut up some t-shirts now :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.