Sunday, July 1, 2012

Grey days

Voila! Here is my new dress that I mentioned last week.

Photo by Nathan/husband



The pattern I used was Simplicity 2281, which I've been loving on for awhile. This is the third time I've used it; I'd like to say it's the final time, but one never knows!

I used much thicker material than the previous two times, a chambray-ish denim for the sleeves and a black twill for the rest. I think my fabric choice was generally good, and the weather here in the pacific northwest hasn't really warranted anything lighter. The only area that I think a thinner fabric would have been better was at the waistband. You can just see the outline of the trimmed seam in the waistband. Any thoughts on preventing this? I trimmed it and notched it as closely as I dared!

On Friday, this lil dress accompanied me to work and then out for an epic night out with my coworkers that involved whisky, karaoke, and a barefoot run around the baseball diamond at Cal Anderson park. It handled it all like a champ and looked far better than I did the next morning.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! It's so simple, but chic! Thanks for sharing a closer look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is gorgoues. Love the styling too, with the necklace and the flowy mane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my hair's ever been called a mane before - I love it!

      Delete
  3. It looks great!!!! The use of the fabric this time makes it look so different from your other one, so I think you could probably make it again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, don't tempt me! I'll totally do it. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! I love the that you used two grey tones. The dress fits you so well. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this view on the envelope I thought it had potential (I wasn't a fan of the weird-sleeve view) and this is just delightful! Love the contrasting sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.