Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Melville dress

Photo by Nathan
Hello folks! Nathan was reading Moby Dick to me as I worked on this project. Hence, it is called the Melville dress. I think the tie-dye pattern is very oceanic, don't you?

I used Vogue 1236, one of the DKNY patterns. For something that's so simple and fast to make, I really like the end result! I made some minor adjustments - widening the sash, taking in the bust and adding an inch or two to the hips. There is a lot of ease everywhere except for the hips, depending on your measurements.



Melville dress is being worn today for the Me-Made-May challenge, which you can see here. You can also check out our photo pool here and see the awesome outfits everyone else has been putting together!

11 comments:

  1. super cute! nice work. :)

    xo alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowswers. I have this pattern and it's been waayyyy down the list of projects but seeing it in a fabric like this...spectacular! Consider it pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice compliment! I totally agree, the simplicity of the dress does well with a crazy fabric :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet! You could probably modify it fairly easily for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Pretty Lady; (and nice photo Nathan). Do you suppose you could teach me to alter my own shirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! We should have a sewing night when you guys get back into town.

      Delete
  5. I've been browsing your blog I am loving ALL your makes! Gorgeous colors and great fitting garments. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I checked out your blog - you made that amazing blue Darling Ranges dress! Nice to meet a fellow bright-color enthusiast!

      Delete
  6. Love this! It's gorgeous! And I love Moby-Dick, too-- great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from another Melville appreciator! :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.