Monday, May 14, 2012

The Second Week, MMM12: Blue Period

It seems I wore blue self-mades every day, with only one or two exceptions! And with the morning light being as it is, my black clothes also photographed blue.

Day 7: My self-drafted, hand-printed cotton voile tank. I so need to duplicate this project in other fabrics! It's so easy to wear but still feels a bit fancy.

Day 8: Here is one of my favorite self-mades ever, blogged here. I'd love to make one or two more of this one! I used Simplicity 2281.

Day 9: This was my first attempt at the bustier I wore on day 1 (not counting the muslin I made). I was a little bit sick when I made it, and I rotated one of the pieces. It's given the garment a slight pouf where I eased in the piece, but I still think it's wearable. If I get ambitious some day, I'm going to fix it. The pattern is McCall's 6325.

Day 10: A new, unblogged project! I downloaded the Burda sleeveless blouse PDF. I used the lining leftovers from my Minoru, which is still in progress. I love the blouse but found the instructions to be quite spare! That said, now that I know how to use this pattern, I will probably be making several of these. Also wearing my Simplicity 2451 skirt.

Day 11: Last year, I started Me-Made March with this shirt. It's just slightly too big through the bust and waist, due to my misunderstanding the pattern instructions (Simplicity 2554, for reference). It was a mix of knit and woven patterns and I mistakenly assumed that it was all for knits. I'd actually be interested in making it in a woven fabric at some point, although the idea of doing a narrow hem on those ruffles again gives me pause!

Day 12: My thrifted and shredded tank, created last year during Me-Made-March. Here's the Outsapop tutorial if you'd like to make your own or just read a really cool blog on thrifting and DIY fashion.

Day 13: What's this? A picture of me outside of my bedroom? Nathan snapped this photo of me between mother's day events. I'm wearing my blue Simplicity 2451 skirt, an older recently-repaired tank top and a vintage Coach purse from ebay.
















I'm getting a little concerned as I'm getting down to the projects that I don't normally wear. We'll see how this coming week treats me; there might be some re-styling aka repeats. (I have no qualms about repeating garments weekly in the real world, but it's more exciting to share new ones during a sewing challenge!)

2 comments:

  1. Such cute outfits! I love your style-- it's casual and comfortable, but so pretty and totally pulled-together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice compliment! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.