Monday, October 10, 2011

I know they're not pants, but...

I went to the big-box-fabric-store-that-shall remain unnamed last weekend, intending to buy a Burda jeans pattern. Turns out, it's online-only. Boo. But I did leave with two other patterns, including an McCall's 6404 for leggings! It was the variations that really had me interested. Also, wouldn't you just know it, I'd bought a zebra-print jersey sheet at the Goodwill awhile back?

Photo by Bee, once she stopped gawking









































The results are clearly astounding and left my sister/co-blogger speechless. She couldn't even squeak out a "that's a whole lot of look," her usual response to my more outlandish garments.

A note about the pattern: it runs pretty large. I fit solidly in one of the sizes offered and probably had to cut down away two more sizes. I'm past the point where I find this flattering; on the contrary, it's a frustrating waste of fabric. Thankfully, leggings were easy to modify.

Anyway, I love them and am debating exactly how far I can push it with these. Definitely wear to exercise. Wear to the grocery store? To work...? Please give me some guidelines, people!

8 comments:

  1. Wear them anywhere! As long as you're in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lsjfdalkdjfla!!!! wear them EVERYWHERE!!!!

    absolutely LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss chelsea... you're going to create a leggings monster out of me! thanks for the compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so let me see if i have this right, you've got purple zebra, heather gray and then black zebra? these are definitely crazy crazy. not just crazy. but crazy crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I drop a 90's bomb and say...crazysexycool?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple zebra is just an optical illusion! It's a faded blackish color, so maybe just one crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.